Sunday, August 21, 2011

That explains a lot :)

It is almost midnight on a Sunday evening.  This morning I was dragging my sorry self out of bed hoping that caffeine would somehow put me in a semi-coherent state.  It failed.  After masses I ended up sleeping for 2 hours or so then kinda just lounged about.  So it is midnight and what am I doing?  Canning, cleaning the kitchen, mopping the floors, goofing around on the computer with sleep nowhere in the near future.  Thankfully, Monday is my Saturday and I can sleep in tomorrow, well until my Golden Retriever does the pee-pee dance at about 7:00 AM.

This involves her hopping on the bed, digging her nose into my neck, wagging her tail so hard that the entire room shakes, and not relenting no matter how grouchy I am until she hears the magic words, "Do you need to go outside?" At this she jumps off the bed, jumps back on if I am not up immediately, and heads for the back door as I try not to injure myself going down the three stairs from the house into the garage.  I put her food and water out and go back to bed.  But I digress...

It is entirely possible as I get older that I am reverting back to my teens and twenties in which I was a night owl and despised mornings.  I got to thinking, would it be so bad if the early Sunday Mass were at...I don't know...noon?  I would be much more coherent.  I was debating this morning with myself as to whether strolling in front of an IV drip of caffeine would break the communion fast as it is not entering through my mouth.  Then I remembered that I am a huge baby about needles, so that wouldn't work.  So alas, my dear parishioners, bear with me on those mornings when I am not exactly bright eyed and bushy tailed (actually you all seem to do that one just fine)...and buy me an espresso machine for Christmas..can't stand the stuff, but maybe a shot of that at 6 AM will raise me from the dead!  

No comments:

Post a Comment